Associate Director, Alumni Career Services and Lifelong Learning
Position Title: Associate Director, Alumni Career Services and Lifelong Learning
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations
Job Classification: Professional/Administrative
The Associate Director, Alumni Career Services and Lifelong Learning supports the development, implementation and execution of new and existing partnerships in the areas of lifelong learning programs and alumni career services to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and the university. The Associate Director provides support for affinity groups organized around professional specialty and collaborates with internal and external partners to build programs, events and volunteer activities that promote alumni leadership and advocacy, and support university programming, fundraising and outreach goals
- Direct the development and implementation of annual Alumni Career Services programming plans in accordance with Alumni Relations, Institutional Advancement, and University objectives.
Exercise responsibility for the strategic and logistical implementation of alumni volunteer services to maximize the quality and quantity of volunteer opportunities for alumni and to engage alumni in providing content for the Alumni Career Services and lifelong learning program.
- Introduce and manage the implementation of new and expanded programming for the core target audience of mid-career professionals, as well as, for students, young alumni and those alumni who are in a late career stage or are retired.
- Identify appropriate alumni, faculty and outside experts to speak at programs; coordinate speaker preparation and program materials
- Assist with reporting outcomes of programs and volunteer
- engagement to contribute to the development of the Alumni Engagement Index (AEI)
- Develop and implement content that is accessible globally and delivered in online environments such as the department's official website and social media sites (including the LinkedIn group and YouTube channel), in online meeting rooms and through the virtual networking platform, Brazen.
- Manage a process to collect and utilize survey, behavioral and other data to improve and refine the program and its offerings.
- Collaborate with Event Manager, Office of Protocol and Special Events to execute logistical details for programming.
Serve as the liaison to affinity groups organized around professional specialty/career path
- Manage strategies for the cultivation of a national and international network of alumni volunteers; identification and recruitment of new volunteers and placement of volunteers in appropriate opportunities; conduct appropriate stewardship and recognition of volunteers, including the identification of future engagement opportunities, if appropriate
- Assist in the identification of specialty areas around which to organize new groups and the recruitment of new volunteers to support these networks.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans to raise awareness of these professional affinity groups to generate interest and involvement on the part of the larger alumni community.
- Provide strategic direction for the development of a process by which to officially recognize and provide resources that support the annual programming plans of these groups.
- Attend monthly or quarterly meetings/events related to these groups as applicable
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations team in the development and execution of the Alumni Association’s signature events
- Serve as co-manager to support career services and lifelong learning components of Global Night of Networking Virtual Site and Alumni Weekend, as needed
- Serve as a liaison to an Alumni Association Board of Governors committee.
- Coordinate committee meetings, agendas and distribution of the minutes.
- Contribute to the development of the committee’s annual action plan.
- Execute committee assignments.
- Participate on related university and Institutional Advancement committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Program Development and Execution
Professional Affinity Group Development
- Three to five years of experience in program development, event management, and/or volunteer management; experience in career services/training and development preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree in higher education or related field preferred.
- Proven ability to develop relationships across diverse populations, and internally and with colleagues
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent basis required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent administrative skills required.
- Strong presentation skills and/or demonstrated training experience desirable.
- Graduate of Drexel University preferred.
Qualities and Characteristics:
Demonstrates - integrity, confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, analytical ability, understanding of volunteer relations, the capacity to inspire cooperation, understanding of the vital importance of applied and experiential higher education, a sense of humor and understanding of the breadth and complexity of a major research university.
Proven skills – leadership skills, listening skills, and team player.
Supervision and Evaluation:
The Associate Director, Alumni Career Services and Lifelong Learning reports to the Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations. Performance evaluations will be prepared by the Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations.
Professional presentation & actions clause as a requirement for employment:
Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information. Honesty, integrity and treating others with respect are expected at all times. Additionally, all employees are expected to have good presentation skills, which include and are not limited to the following items: excellent verbal and written skills.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigations.
For additional information please contact Laura Villanueva, email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 215-571-3644 or apply on Drexel Jobs.