24 Hours of Impact: May 1, 2018
Institutional Advancement Toolkit
Last year the day exceeded our expectations with more than 3,700 gifts from more than 3,200 individual donors.
This year, we hope to bring together an increasing number of our alumni, students, parents and friends to invest in Drexel. Day of Giving is an opportunity to grow our base of support, raise money and awareness for our schools, colleges, units and programs, while building a culture of philanthropy on campus.
Throughout the day, challenge money made possible by Drexel Trustees will be awarded to winning schools, units and programs, which incentivizes our alumni, faculty, staff, students, parents and friends to support the university and increases philanthropic awareness.
There are a few things you can do now to be successful on May 1!
- Please take a look at the featured allocations. We are asking that each allocation that is featured on May 1 have a point of contact that is responsible for Day of Giving (we encourage the IA unit officers for each unit to be the primary point of contact). Please confirm the point person for your allocation by filling out this form.
- Review What Gifts Count and be prepared to have conversations with your donors and prospects to help them be a part of the day.
- Each featured allocation is encouraged to either host a Live Experience event or participate in the central Live Experience on campus. Review the Live Experience section to learn more.
- Use the Marketing and Communications section of the toolkit to start promoting drexel.edu/24 on social media using the images and copy we've prepared - it's fast and easy!
- Visit drexel.edu/24 now and encourage your coworkers, prospects, alumni, and friends to become a Contender by signing up.
This toolkit will continue to be updated with more information and content for your use. Be sure to check back periodically for more about messaging and updated content for social media.
Your communications in between now and May 1 should maintain suspense and avoid revealing details about 24 Hours of Impact. We aim to inspire curiosity and make the lead up to May 1 fun and exciting with language about "changing the game" and "becoming a contender." When using social media, tag your posts with #Drexel24 and link to drexel.edu/24.