Why I Give
Why I Give is a special opportunity for faculty and staff to come together to strengthen the areas of Drexel that mean the most to them. Broad participation in the campaign sends the inspiring message that Drexel’s employees believe wholeheartedly in the University’s mission, our students and our future.
Your dedication and hard work as a member of Drexel’s faculty and professional staff propel the University’s accomplishments in teaching, research and service to society.
There is one more important way you can help advance excellence at Drexel — by supporting the University’s annual Why I Give campaign. Your gift of ANY amount makes a difference; what matters most is that you participate!
Here are some key features of this year’s Why I Give campaign:
- The campaign officially runs from April 20 – May 10, but any gifts made since July 1, 2015 will count.
- You can give to any designated area of support at Drexel, regardless of the department in which you work.
- The last day of Why I Give, May 10, is also Drexel’s first 24-hour giving campaign. During our Day of Giving, alumni, students, parents and friends from around the world will come together to make a record-breaking impact with a goal of 600 gifts to Drexel in one day.
- We won’t be tracking giving by department. However, if you’re feeling competitive, consider participating in one of the Day of Giving challenges, which will give you the chance to help win challenge funds for your chosen area of support. Faculty/staff gifts made on that day will also count toward the Day of Giving goal!
- The Dragon Drive is a United Way campaign and benefits specific initiatives within the greater University as well as outside organizations in the Philadelphia area. Dragon Drive gifts are not counted in the Why I Give campaign.